- Car Hoists & Scissor Lifts
- Car Storage Hoists
- Hoist Accessories & Parts
- Motor Cycle Lift Tables
- Truck Hoists & Equipment
- Tyre Equipment
- Workshop Equipment
JDC Electromagnetic Sheet Metal Bending Folding Machine Brake Press 1250mm x 1.6mm
The magnetic brake from JDC lets you make enclosed shapes that would be impossible on traditional metal brakes. You can bend steel, aluminium, copper, and plastic, among other materials.
Open up almost unlimited possibilities!
This sheet metal brake can bend boxes or pans to almost any depth since it doesn’t rely on conventional finger depths. Runs on 240V single phase power and will work at virtually any site. 1250mm length with a maximum capacity of 16 gauge mild steel. The breakthrough open-ended design allows you to create enclosed ducts and shapes impossible to make with a traditional box and pan brake. 6 tonne magnetic power is consistent across the entire beam, allowing for crisp bends even in the middle of the brake. Scaled stroke angle control lets you deliver repeatable bends time after time. You can set up the mild steel clamping bar with straight bars (of various widths if you had very tight boxes to make) for straight bends or segmented clamping bars for box and pan applications. Blade gap adjustment on the clamping bars lets you work with sheet metal of different thicknesses. You can remove the bottom leaf’s bending extension for the tightest bend dimension between bends of .625”.
Each JDC electromagnetic sheet metal brake from offers:
- Open-ended design – The open top gives you the flexibility to make any kind of bend imaginable, including enclosed boxes or triangles.
- Magnet with 6 tonne of force – The powerful magnet holds the material in place so that you can clamp it within the open concept design.
- Foot pedal or push-button controls – Engage the magnet and leave your hands free to guide the material.
- Small footprint – This do-it-all machine doesn’t take up much space in your shop.
- HVAC shops, industrial art shops, and general sheet metal fabrication shops.
- Making duct work, triangles, alternate bends on varying planes, round items such as scrolling applications, and much more.
Easy, hands-free operation:
- Put a piece of material between the clamping bar to the depth required.
- Engage the powerful magnet in the bending bed with push-button control.
- Hit the foot pedal that softly clamps the material. This foot control keeps your fingers safely out of the machine and you to reposition the material.
- Lift the bottom bending leaf to complete the bend.
|Nominal capacity||1250 mm x 1.6 mm (4ft x 16g)15 to 635 mm|
|Clamping force (with standard full-length clamp bar)||6 Tons is consistent across the entire beam, allowing for crisp bends even in the middle
of the brake.
|Recommended for||HVAC shops, Tech schools, industrial art shops, and general sheet metal fabrication shops.
Making enclosed boxes, triangles, alternate bends on varying planes, and round items such
as scrolling applications.
Bending a variety of materials, including sheets of mild steel, stainless steel, aluminium,
coated materials, heated plastics and more.
|Electrical Supply:||1 phase, 240V|
|Nominal current:||8 Amp|
|Max. Clamping Bar Lift||Unlimited|
|Max. Capacity with Extension||18ga. (1.21mm) mild steel / 21ga. (0.83mm) stainless steel|
|Max. Capacity without Extension||16ga. (1.51mm) mild steel / 20ga. (0.91mm) stainless steel|
|Packing Dimensions||1.41m x 0.38m x 0.32m = 0.17m3|
|Blade gap adjustment||Blade gap adjustment on the clamping bars lets you work with sheet metal of different
|adjustable back gauges||Comes with product supports and adjustable back gauges for production runs.|
|Scaled stroke angle control||Lets you deliver repeatable bends time after time.|
|Notes||Capacities can change depending on set up leaf extension. Rule of thumb for mild steel,
16ga., extension OFF. 18ga. extension On or Off, 20ga. and thinner, extension On.
|Easy operation||1.Put a piece of material between the clamping bar to the depth required.
2. Engage the powerful magnet in the bending bed with push button control.
3. Hit the foot pedal that softly clamps the material. This foot control keeps your fingers
safely out of the machine and you to reposition the material.
4. Lift the bottom bending leaf to complete the bend and repositioned ready for
|open-ended design||1. allows you to create fully enclosed ducts and shapes impossible to make with a
traditional box and pan brake.2. JDC BEND electromagnetic sheet metal brake can bend boxes or pans to almost
any depth, since it isn’t reliant on conventional finger depths.
|Standard accessories||include a storage tray, adjustable backstops, A full-length clamp-bar, and a complete
set of short-length clamp-bars.
|Optional accessories||available for these models include a narrow clamp bar, a slotted clamp bar for forming
shallow boxes more quickly
|Special tooling||Special tooling can be quickly improvised from pieces of steel to help fold-up difficult
shapes, and for production work the standard clamp bars can be replaced by specialised
|Operator Safety||Operator Safety is enhanced by a two-handed electrical interlock that ensures a safe
pre-clamping force is applied before full clamping occurs.
JDC BEND BENDING CAPACITIES (WITH STANDARD FULL-LENGTH CLAMPBAR)
|MATERIAL (yield/ult. stress)||THICKNESS||LIP WIDTH (minimum)||BEND RADIUS (typical)|
|1.6 mm||30 mm*||3.5 mm|
|1.2 mm||15 mm||2.2 mm|
|1.0 mm||10 mm||1.5 mm|
Grade 5005 H34
|1.6 mm||30 mm*||1.8 mm|
|1.2 mm||15 mm||1.2 mm|
|1.0 mm||10 mm||1.0 mm|
Grades 304, 316
|1.0 mm||30 mm*||3.5 mm|
|0.9 mm||15 mm||3.0 mm|
|0.8 mm||10 mm||1.8 mm|